2019 was a tremendous year- actually my best income year as a full time fish artist. I will try to go over just where my sales came from- at least some good examples of what worked for me, and at the end I will go over my plan to really boost my income in 2020.
So a percentage break down of my income in 2019 might surprise you, and here it is:
- 43% = Apparel design
- 33% = Pet portraits
- 12% = Online Store
- 9% = Original Art
- 3% = Original Art Hats
To break these...
Every year I get really busy with Christmas commissions starting in October. I do urge people to get their commissions in as soon as possible for several reasons.
- It's the best way to know you'll have yours finished by December 15th, the last day that I like to mail out Christmas commissions.
- It helps me plan and schedule, especially with traveling that I am expecting to do in November.
- And also to prevent any last second and stressful commissions that always get squeezed in the last second. This year I will charge a rush fee for late commissions, after December...
If you ever wanted to become a full time artist, this may an interesting article to read.
I am in the beginning of my 3rd year as a full time artist, and it's been more than a full time commitment. I'll give the story how it all happened- including my first art sale, my first style, the ups and the downs, and key motivators along the way.
It started in the fall of 2013, I was trying to come up with extra money on the side during my last semester of college that was coming up. I thought to myself...
Just wanted to share that I have two linocut block prints that are available on the website now under art prints. These are highly collectible and are a limited edition of 12 per linocut.
Linocuts are considered to be a type of "original printing" because the block that has been cut is the masterpiece, and the artist manual prints each print by hand. Here are the available pieces below.
I just wanted to update you all on the new design tshirts now on www.jayboart.com. (View all the designs at the bottom of this post.) One day I was thinking that all I wanted was a simple design on a really comfortable shirt that I can wear anywhere, anytime. That's what's behind the new shirts on the websites.
- Unique designs by me (Jay Talbot)
- No logo or company name on the front or back of the shirts
- I don't think you should be a billboard for my company. I just want you to enjoy the designs and...